Space Systems Verification and Validation Tutorial
GMU – Innovation Hall Rm 132
On November 2nd Dr. Jerry Sellers and Mr. John Clark from TSTI Inc. will be giving the tutorial “Space Systems Verification and Validation“. The goal of this Space Systems Engineering Tutorial is to achieve an ability to analyze, synthesize and critically evaluate “Verification and Validation” plans and their real-world implementations through interactive lectures and unique hands-on exercises using a desk-top satellite system.
Date: November 2nd
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Includes pastries and lunch)
Location: George Mason University in Fairfax, VA
Cost: $130 for INCOSE members & $180 for non-members (includes parking)
1. Explain the end-to-end SE process and how it applies to system (and lower level) requirements definition, allocation, validation, and verification.
2. Describe the purpose and scope of key documents required in the validation and verification processes, and describe typical errors committed.
3. Describe various methods of verification, when they are appropriate and how they are used as part of a verification plan for a system of interest
4. Determine appropriate circumstances and applicability of verification methods to prototype and proto-flight systems.
5. Analyze representative verification plans, test sequences and activities for an example system of interest (spacecraft).
6. Develop, evaluate and implement a master verification plan for a space system including hardware, software and associated ground support equipment (GSE).
7. Apply processes and techniques in a hands-on workshop associated with a system of interest.
8. Highlight applicable NASA, ECSS, DoD and Industry Standards and lessons learned to support system verification decisions and activities.
• Intro to Space Systems Engineering
• The EyasSAT System of Interest
• Validating Requirements & Models
• Verifying Products
• EyasSAT Subsystem Verification Events
• EyasSAT System Verification Events
• EyasSAT System Validation Events
Material Provided and Copyright Notice:
– Complete set of course notes (by TSTI)
– EyasSAT Systems Engineering Notebook (by TSTI, CSS)
About the Instructors
Dr. Jerry Jon Sellers is author of Understanding Space: An Introduction to Astronautics, and is a contributing author and editor of Applied Space Systems Engineering. He was the director of the U.S. Air Force Academy’s Space Systems Research Center. Jerry has over 25 years of space systems experience including Guidance & On-board Navigation Officer in Space Shuttle Mission Control; Assistant Professor of Astronautics at the U.S. Air Force Academy; and Chief of Astronautics for the Air Force European Office of Aerospace Research & Development. He is an Associate Fellow at AIAA and former Chairman of the Space Systems Technical Committee. He is also an adjunct professor at Stevens Institute of Technology.
Mr. John Clark was the former Director of Analysis and Engineering for the Space Warfare Center at Falcon AFB, CO. He has 42 years of experience as an orbital analyst in space operations and intelligence. His experience encompasses radar and infrared data analysis for space intelligence, and developing intelligence systems. He is a consultant to the USAF Academy Space Systems Research Center.
|Print article||This entry was posted by Daniel Hettema on October 11, 2013 at 12:13 pm, and is filed under Events, Tutorials, Uncategorized. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.|
Comments are closed.